Monday, August 24, 2009

Happy Todd and Amy Day!

Happy Todd and Amy day!
Smith family
Established August 24, 2001

Eight years and counting...
From long walks on the beach to long nights up with kids, we've come a long way.
Hawaiian Honeymoon
He still makes me laugh (no matter what)
I put up with him picking at the dead skin on his feet.
He puts up with my teenage obsessions.
Although he doesn't want to.
When it all started, we just pretended to have kids.
We got sooooo much more sleep.  (I know, my hair is orange.)

Todd thought my love of all things magical was a little strange.
I thought he was a little strange.
He went to grad school and worked at the Tribune in downtown Chicago.
I went to museums, played with Dylan (our #1) and was a grad student widow.

But the Summer was so much fun!
And graduation was even more fun!
And then came number two.  Welcome Brooklyn!
To sweet siblings.
Todd's love of cooking really began in Louisville with all of his travels and fancy restaurants.
Back to where it all began, 2.8 kids later.
Logander (Logan), our latest 9.4 bundle of joy.
Happy new year!
Oops, before Logan but fun family pic.  
My graduation (minus math 97 the bane of my existence)
Todd's graduation
Fun times at the beach
My surprise birthday bash invitation
Over three years with KFC and we are still finger lick'in good.
We have had the support of the entire Smith/Collette/Fry and Zenger Clans.  Thank you!
And we've been supported by the Ferguson Family for over eight years as well. Thank you!!!
Todd has been an awesome Dad!  If you can't tell.
We just sent our first off to kindergarten.  boo hoo!
And we are lucky enough to be able to celebrate every milestone as one big happy family.
I'm so glad we fell in love, are still in love, and have been able to see and do everything side by side.

EIGHT is GREAT!

*8 is the number of the perfection, the infinity. In mathematics the symbol of the infinity is represented by a 8 laid down. (We're definitely in this for eternity so I love you times infinity!)

*In China, the 8 expresses the totality of the universe. 

*Number of the balance and of the cosmic order, according to the Egyptians.The Pythagoreans have made the number 8 the symbol of the love and the friendship, the prudence and the thinking and they have called it the Great "Tetrachtys". (I love Egyptians! :)
*The number 8 means the multiplicity, for the Japanese. (YIKES! we'll see about that one)
*A favorable number, associated to the prosperity. (I'll take it!)

*All spiders, and more generally all arachnids, have eight legs. (I hate spiders!)

*The octopus and its cephalopod relatives in genus Argonauta have eight arms. (Little known fact: Todd and I have saved an octopus before)

*There are eight vegetables in V8 juice (love the veggies, hate the juice)

Why 8?  Happy Todd and Amy day!  Sorry for all of you people trying to celebrate birthdays today.  They don't count, because today just belongs to Todd and I.  We have officially been married eight years today.  (It's crazy how close we are to 10!)  So what has happened in the past eight years?  I know you want to know...

1.  We got married in the Salt Lake Temple and went to Hawaii
2.  Todd and I graduated from BYU
3.  Todd worked in Salt Lake for the newspapers and I did the windows for Nordstrom while we lived in South Jordan
4.  Amy and Todd take a quick romantic getaway to San Francisco.
5.  Dylan was born, Dylan had a heart problem, everything was fine.
5.  Emergency trip to the hospital 6 weeks after Dylan was born to have my gallbladder taken out.
6.  Amy walks across 9th East in provo, man runs a red light, Amy get hits by a car (that one hurt)
7. Todd does great on interviews for grad school but gets told it takes a few attempts to get in
8.  Todd switches jobs and works for Utah brides as director of marketing
9. Todd, Amy, and baby Dylan buy a condo
10.  Todd gets accepted to Northwestern
11.  Todd, Amy, and Dylan sell the condo back
12.  Todd, Amy, and Dylan pack up a UHAUL and drive to Chicago, homeless
13.  Dylan and Amy play in Chicago museums, Todd goes to Grad school
14.  Todd graduates grad school and we move to Louisville KY to work for YUM! brands/KFC
15.  Amy has Brooklyn, another child=another heart defect, once again, everything is mild.
16.  Todd gets promoted three levels, bonuses, etc. and is doing awesome!
17.  Amy and Todd get another quick getaway to Las Vegas
18.  Amy throws Todd a Hawaiian Luau 30th birthday party with friends
19.  Amy has Logan...no heart defect..big baby...yay!
20.  Todd throws Amy an amazing 30th birthday on a yacht.....oh the romance!
21.  Todd travels a lot for work,  Amy misses him more than he'll ever know and feels bored and lonely.  But the plus side is that she really knows how much she is still in love with him after eight great years.  

I love you Todd, with all of my heart.  (And as you know my heart is huge!  But it's yours, all yours!)  Happy 8th Anniversary and happy day to us!

7 comments:

amy said...

Happy Anniversary to you! What a cute post, Amy. Eight is a great year! Keep enjoying it as much as you already have.

Love you lots,

Amy, Tom, Ashley, Jordan, Lauren, and Landon!

Unknown said...

Yay for Todd and Amy day!!! We just had #8 too! Isn't it great! You and Todd are so super cute together and have definitely always been made for each other! Your family is absolutely adorable! I miss my happy, creative, magical friend...

Danielle Strong said...

You guys are such a fun perfect couple and family. Congrats

Kristi said...

Flip Amy, you are SO STINKING CUTE! Todd is lucky to have found you, and well, you're a gem for putting up with him :). Happy Anniversary to one of my very favorite couples!

Lori said...

Happy Anniversary to my compassionate,witty, handsome brother and his sweet, beautiful, talented wife. I'm glad Todd made a great decision in marrying you 8 years ago. Look at all the fun things you've done and accomplished in that time...here's to future years of success and joy! Love you both.
Love,
The Zenger Cousins

Karla said...

Happy, Happy Anniversary to you both. Amy, what a wonderful post! I love you, Amy and Todd, and dear little Dylan, Brooklyn, and Logan so, so much!
xoxoxoxo
Mom K

lacey said...

Danget- I missed this post.

Happy Anniversary Amy and Todd!
I have felt so blessed to call you my friends these past few years. You are an awesome duo- with 3 little ones made of you to prove it ;)

Can't wait to see what else comes your way!