In Louisville the oaks race is the day before Derby and it's a race for fillies. It's a bigger deal than Derby for locals because it doesn't usually have all the cheesy commercialism and random stars. Todd got tickets for us this year to sit in the turf club. You get a fancy table reserved for your party inside the building and then you walk down a few steps outside to watch the race right on top of the finish line. Being very prego wasn't the best but the day was sooo fun. We had a steak dinner with some sort of fish too (fish is yucky). We met Bobby Flay and saw a Jerry O'Connel, Travis Trit, some famous snowboarder, Joey Fatone, and Smokey Robinson. Smokey Robinson rubbed my belly and said I must be having good luck all day. I was weirded out by a few strangers who wanted to rub my belly for good luck. So not only did I look like Buddah, I felt like him too. Poor large, bald man with a round belly...I suddenly feel for him.
Friday, August 08, 2008
The Oaks!
In Louisville the oaks race is the day before Derby and it's a race for fillies. It's a bigger deal than Derby for locals because it doesn't usually have all the cheesy commercialism and random stars. Todd got tickets for us this year to sit in the turf club. You get a fancy table reserved for your party inside the building and then you walk down a few steps outside to watch the race right on top of the finish line. Being very prego wasn't the best but the day was sooo fun. We had a steak dinner with some sort of fish too (fish is yucky). We met Bobby Flay and saw a Jerry O'Connel, Travis Trit, some famous snowboarder, Joey Fatone, and Smokey Robinson. Smokey Robinson rubbed my belly and said I must be having good luck all day. I was weirded out by a few strangers who wanted to rub my belly for good luck. So not only did I look like Buddah, I felt like him too. Poor large, bald man with a round belly...I suddenly feel for him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment