Thursday, August 14, 2008

It Was A Nice Try

This is our first outing with the four of us on our own.
We decided to take a delightful little jaunt to the zoo.
This is Dylan trying to make a weird face like the statue.  Our day started off with such promise.
These pictures of Dylan actually in the water lasted about as long as it will take to look at these four shots.  Out of nowhere he decided that everyone was watching him and he didn't like it.  He also decided that it was too crowded and the other toddlers weren't sharing the water.  Obviously my son has deeper issues. just kidding.


Brooklyn thought the water was too cold, even though it was almost 90 degrees outside.  She would put her big toe in the water and run.  After a total meltdown by Dylan and no desire to be there by Brooklyn, we decided that we would all be happier looking at the animals instead. When we went to get dressed I stood up to leave and realized Logan had pooped all over me and himself.  Of course I was wearing a white t-shirt and now it looked like yellow tie-dye.  I had spent all morning planning swimming outfits and dry outfits for the kids and didn't even think of another one for me.  Just as my ideals of being a perfect mom flew out the window a bird flew over my head and pooped all over my foot and sandal.  I didn't move quickly enough and in one step it smushed under my foot and into my shoe.  
So instead of trying to write how I felt about my first major outing with all three kids, I thought I would just use this picture instead.
This is Brooklyn after the attempt to go into the water.  She wouldn't put her dress back on, wouldn't listen or stay anywhere near us, and she kept telling me "I gumpy."  
Brooklyn taking a pit stop to watch the elephants.
One of the many times Brooklyn protested leaving the zoo.  She would stop and sit down on the ground and point her nose into the air.  

Alright this entry has taken place on the actual date I'm posting it.  I still have some catching up to do but here's another little glimpse into a day in the life.  Stay tuned for another exciting outing when I attempt to brave the outside world.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, you are a blogging machine! Your posts make me laugh! I am super nervous about how to go anywhere with 3 kids by myself and your first outing (while hilarious) does not give me much encouragement! I love catching up on how your family is doing. Your kids are adorable!