Happy 7th Anniversary (and yes that mini back pack dates me but it's cool, I'm claiming it)
Honeymoon in Hawaii
Well, yesterday marked seven blissful years of marriage. August 24th, 2001 was the date we were married in the Salt lake City temple. It was a 10:30 appointment and I was pretty nervous. My family and I were staying in the Marriott across the street and I remember getting up at the crack of dawn before everyone else to start getting ready. My mom ordered room service for breakfast and my older sister Jenna did my hair with my huge crown. For all you who know Todd and I guess what... I was on time and Todd was late...so there. But seriously it made me really nervous. Obviously he arrived and it turned out to be one of the most magical moments of my life. I really felt like a princess and it wasn't just because I had a crown, a ball gown, and venetian slippers. It was because it really feels that special when you are sealed for time and all eternity to the right person, at the right time, and in the right place. Nothing tops that not even Disney magic.
But going back to when we first met. Todd and I were neighbors at King Henry. He lived in the building next to mine and he lived on the third floor while I was on the second. One day he waved and said hi from above, and I said a quick hello and then ran right into a bush. (you would think that would be up there for one of my most embarrassing moments but believe me, this one is mild.) We later got set up on a date by the 2nd counselor in the ward and the rest is history. Our first date was the most fun date I had ever been on, and I even decided on one of "our songs" without telling Todd. I didn't want to come off as a psycho girl who fell for a guy so quickly, but I was. We laughed our way through the purple turtle, the fun dome, and the Mayan restaurant. Todd new everyone on our date but they were all strangers to me. Somehow he and his roommates decided that it would be funny to say it was my birthday and make me stand on a chair wearing a Mayan headdress and being sung to by a waiter. The whole headdress thing was pretty embarrassing but it helped that the waiter was a friend of mine from BYU. We laughed our way home and Todd tried to convince me to watch a movie but that would be breaking curfew and so I went home to my apartment and we never broke curfew again...yeah right.
Now it's been seven years. We have lived in 3 states, 6 cities, 6 apartments, and one house. Now despite what you may think about Todd, we weren't running from the police, we just keep moving where the best opportunity is for our family. We have three kids and we are doing our best. So, after 7 adventure filled years there is no itching here just some "love and laughing gas."



No comments:
Post a Comment