Saturday, August 16, 2008

My Kind of Town Chicago is

I feel bad because I have been leaving Logan out of this posting but this is what he looked like pretty much the whole trip.
cars racing around a track
Brooklyn racing around a dad
Todd and Dylan
the princess pose
Brooklyn in front of the pretty staircase
A whip cream chocolate chippie
Eating strawberries at Walker Brothers
Earplugs for all the little ears.  This is a hobby they will both love forever.
Hotel beds are the best!
No more monkeys jumping on the bed.
Brooklyn not sure about dunking under the water 
Now she loves it and wants to jump to Daddy
Dylan loving the dolphins.  The last time we were here he cried when the dolphins would jump out of the water and he threw up all over me.  So this time was way more fun for him.
Kids are "getting sleepy of this."

Dylan swam all around the pool by himself with his muscle floaties on.

The beautiful fountain in the middle of a huge park in Chicago.
It's Sue!
The jammies Dylan picked out at the Disney store on the Magnificent mile.  He was so excited to jump on the hotel bed in his new PJ's.
Where did the chocolate on my pillow go????
Dylan, I'll give you one guess who took the chocolate off your pillow.


I like the cars because they are sooo shiny!

This is what happens when I ask my kids to pose for the camera.
This is what happens when i ask them to do it again.
A girl after my own heart, Brooklyn would rather have her nose literally in a princess book than watch a car race.

We decided we needed a little family vacation to Elkhart Lake WI and Chicago.  We stayed in a really pretty hotel and even ran into the "Heavy Hitter" for all you fellow Louisvillians who watch TV commercials.  It was all vintage cars and some fancy race cars too.  It's the Spite's 50 birthday this year which made Todd a little wispy eyed- they grow up so fast.  When we go to this race track Todd looks like a kid in a candy store.  It's definitely his happiest place on earth.  I give him this one because I'll never let go of mine. ha ha ha.  The first day we spent in Chicago and we walked around the city, did a little shopping on the magnificent mile (the Hershey store-yummy yum yum) went to the Rain forest cafe, and went swimming.  The next day was all about the kids so we planned to do a cool breakfast place which was around the corner from our hotel but we managed to walk 2 miles to get there (thanks mapquest).  It was delicious and weird.  They put fruity pebbles in the pancakes which I'm still not sure was a good thing or a bad one but Dylan just wanted to go swimming either way.  We planned to go to the aquarium and the field museum.  First we did the field museum because the kids were anxious to see Sue, the only real full skeleton of a Tyrannosaurus Rex.  We had been talking about it for days and when the kids finally saw her Dylan said he wanted to go swimming at the hotel.  Then at the aquarium we saw sharks, stingrays, whales, crabs, turtles, and even a dolphin show but you'll never guess where the kids wanted to go.  Yup, the pool.  So we finally went swimming and the kids were thrilled.  Our last day in Chicago we spent going to Walker Brothers pancake house, my favorite restaurant for breakfast ever.  I always order chocolate chippies (pancakes with tons of chocolate chips) and this time I had lots of kids so I didn't get any weird looks from the waitress when I ordered them.  Whatever restaurant we were in as soon as Brooklyn saw a silver fork placed in front of her she would grab it and immediately start singing a song like Ariel while brushing her hair with a fork. We saw a bit of Evanston and Northwestern and we had lunch at Potbelly's (best sandwiches in the world.)  It was such a fun trip and I am sad to go back to real life with Todd at work all the time. boo hoo.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Looks like a fun trip! You guys are too brave to bring all your kiddos. I am so excited to go to Chicago sans kids. You are my hero!

Alexis said...

Look at your kids, Brooklyn is so big now, she has such long hair. and Todd has lost some weight... looking good! But you are hiding behind the camera in all the pictures, what is up with that?