Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Two Little Fishies Swimming In the Pool

Congratulations to my two little fish. They have finished their first swimming lessons. I was so proud of both of them. They have come so far. I love swimming, and love the water so it's such a blessing to have this in our neighborhood. We went to the pool twice a day and on one day we went three times! It is so much fun and so easy. The kids get so excited when Todd gets home and we can go all together. It stays open until 8:30 so we have plenty of time with Todd. It's a blast and brings back memories of my favorite smells! I seriously love the smell of chlorine and sunscreen. It reminds me of Wild Rivers. Throw in a little Beach Boys and I'm set!
Cutest wet kiddos ever!
Waking up early and jumping into water is awesome!
Here are their personalities to a T.
Logan was a trooper during swim lessons. We would read books, play find the fruit snack, and he would flirt with one of my Beehives who would come early for her lesson. He never complained or cried to get in the water. He did awesome!
This is their interpretation of swimming on day one.
The teacher would tell them to close their eyes so that she could hide rings and the kids could go under water to get them. Brooklyn decided to be a little smarter than the teacher and when the teacher wasn't looking she would use her toes to pull the ring out of the water and say "I got one." It was too funny.
Brooklyn was so proud to get her swimming certificate! It was a big deal since she was the youngest.
This was Brooklyn during the lessons, she's such a girl, I love it.
This is Dylan making mom happy by smiling for a picture. And those are the adult slides.
Brooklyn showing off her mad skills to her teacher.
Learning the ice cream scoop and kick.
Brooklyn was lucky enough and tried so hard so that she could be in Dylan's class. She was so brave and such a big girl. When she started, the teacher would day jump in and Brooklyn would dip her big toe in the water and shake her head 'no'. After the teacher encouraged her she would slowly sit down and very carefully ease her way into the water. Now, we can't keep her from running and jumping off the side and dunking under water.
Nice form Dylan! This California girl could not be more proud! Freestyle.
The streamline with a kick.
Dylan loved the slide! By the end of the summer we think he might pass the swim test to go on the adult slide.
This is how Brooklyn started swimming. It was more of a face dunk with a slow walk.
All day at the pool she says "watch this." She dunks all day long.
A goofy face in a ballerina swim suit, so Brooklyn!

Overall, swim lessons were a huge hit! Brooklyn will now jump off the side of the pool and go straight under water. She has gained so much confidence and will go down the big kid slide. Dylan will jump into the deep end and swim to Todd, even if he has to come up for air and keep going. Dylan is actually swimming! Like real swimming! They both have become my little water babies and they have done so well.

6 comments:

amy said...

Cute kids full of personality. Dylan, you are like a little fish - it didn't take any time at all for you to learn how to swim! And Brooklyn - next summer I'm sure she'll be doing flips off the diving board!

Lori said...

Fantastic Job you cute lil fishies! Swimming is SO MUCH FUN! I love the cute picture of them peeking over the side of the pool. That BIG slide looks like tons of fun...maybe you could take us there when we visit your house in the future.

Kristi said...

Oh, Brooklyn and her "poses". Love it. I can only imagine what her wedding day photos will look like. :) LOVE the photos of the kids looking up at you in the pool. Framers for sure. I'm glad you have such a fun place to hang out this summer rather than being miserable 'cause you can't be with me. :) MISS YOU!

Karla said...

How absolutely adorable they are!! I miss you, Dylan and Brooklyn!!!!!!!

Kristi said...

LAAAAAAAAAME blogger! Get busy and pose a bare belly photo of yourself. For the love!

Kristi said...

Oh, and I miss you... :(