Funny faces in Kindergarten!
I was in charge of bringing bubble wands for prizes. Needless to say, we held on to these until the end of the school day when there would be less of a chance of a bubble sword fight.
He was so excited to pop a balloon with his bum!
More fun with balloons!
Dylan was pretty excited to have the mini kindergarten Olympics outside. It was pretty funny watching little kids try so hard to race, and pop balloons with their bums, and play tag, etc. I enjoyed seeing him at school amongst his friends. At least for now he's excited to have me at anything involving school, so I'll soak up every chance I get!
Dylan was on a two man team for this game and won! He took the whole thing very seriously, and he was so careful not to pop a single water balloon. He looked like a little chicken with wings the whole game.
One of Dylan's favorite friends.
I asked Dylan who he wanted to remember and these were some of the guys.
This is his teacher Mrs. Nagy. When we moved here she was out on maternity leave and came back to school for the last three days, so we didn't get to know her well. Dylan told me she was his favorite and she sent me a really sweet note about how well she noticed Dylan had adjusted to a new school and made friends so quickly. She is super sweet and we are glad to have met her, even for the short time.
This is Dylan's sub teacher, she was great too. Her name is Mrs. Hackworth and she is a big reason Dylan adjusted so well.
Dylan blowing out his official first grader candle.
We celebrated Dylan's last day of school and my first kids first last day of school with a cake, monster cookies, and Popsicles. I wasn't really as sad as I thought I would be. I was more grateful for getting through the move and i was just so proud of Dylan for being such a trooper while changing schools. It feels like the first time I can exhale and get ready for the next school year. It was an awesome kindergarten experience for Dylan (and for me), now let the the summer fun begin!



4 comments:
So CUTE!! Dylan is such a great kid and the look on
Brooklyn's face as she peeks over the top of the cake is priceless! Great mommy, too, for celebrating the fun days in a kid's life!!
What a fun way to end the school year! Looking at Dylan you would never know he joined that class so late in the year! What a handsome kid!
Forgot to tell you that the bubble wands turned out so cute (my kids love those) and the cake thing is such a great idea!
Dylan melts my HEART! Of course you made cute labels for the bubbles. I'm so LOVING the summer. No getting up the morning and hauling the babies in their car seats to Anna's school, no homework, and my sweet baby girl ALL DAY (well, she's sweet most of the time). I only wish I could call my friend Amy and her darling kids to meet me at the park.
Miss you. :(
Post a Comment