Wednesday, June 09, 2010

California Part II (continued)

Alright, so for all of you Disney fans, you know what this is. It's one of my favorite parts of Disneyland. It's totally unsanitary but I can't resist anything that sparkles so I have to dip my hands in the treasure boxes to tough the jewels. I love it! A few years ago I bought a bag but it's not quite the same as having an entire treasure box. Oh, if only they were mine, and real!
Dylan isn't too old to be enamored with the characters. We tracked Jesse down for some quick pics and we are excited to see her soon in her new movie. (Well, at least Woody.)
Jesse had both Logan (because he wouldn't let go) and Brooklyn by the hand. I'm not sure who was leading who.
Logan helping Jesse out from the backstage area. I can't believe how much he loved all the characters. This is his first true love and he didn't want to share her with anyone.
Dylan was the big winner. This ride is hidden in the back of the park and it's awesome. I'm not usually a big 3D fan but this was so much fun!
Brooklyn trying her best to keep her glasses on and score points at the same time.
Dylan and Logan with Grandma and Grandpa Fergie.
Dylan loves to hide, climb, swing, etc. Pretty much he loves being a boy.
This is the first of many Popsicles Dylan scarfed down at Disneyland.
Happy and soaked.
Although she looked terrified on the boat she says she loves it and wants to go again.
Brooklyn's T-shirt grew ten sized in a matter of minutes.
Big enough and brave enough to tackle the rapids with Grandpa.
Dylan was the social bunny of the boat and Brooklyn, well you can tell how Brooklyn felt about the whole experience.
Logan found his second true love on this trip. He didn't want to let Minnie go and the whole group was laughing. He kept hugging and kissing her.
Logan felt pretty tough in his bug glasses, but when the 3D movie started it was another story. He was practically clawing at the walls to get out of the theatre. The only thing that would save the day? Starbursts, of course.
Dylan absolutely loved being a bug. Make-believe is totally a huge part of his world.
Two princes and one princess.
When Brooklyn was dressed as Cinderella she decided to reenact the scene from the movie when Cinderella is leaving the ball.
With the clock tower above she whisks herself away from the Prince's embrace and dashes down the palace steps losing her slipper along the way.
She dramatically looks back but decides there is simply no time to retrieve her glass slipper aka, pink croc.
Dramatization complete. She did it about ten times before we could actually leave the park.
This is one of my favorite pictures of the trip. Dylan as the mad hatter. Orange actually suits him well. It was an amazing vacation and trip to see family. Todd and I, Although technically very far, feel very close in spirit and loved by our families. We are blessed to have such sweet people in our lives and we miss them everyday.

3 comments:

Lori said...

That's the most handsome Mad Hatter I've ever seen! My kids loved the Toy Story ride too...I love the bugs under the seat in A Bug's Life. We need to go together sometime! :-)

amy said...

These pics make me miss you guys. Dylan, Brooklyn, and Logan are so cute together. I love those blue and white sweaters on the boys. They are darling!...and you are a trooper for hanging in there while you are prego.

Karla said...

What a great vacation!! I'm so happy that your family lives close to such fun things to do. The looks on the kids' faces are precious!!