Friday, June 11, 2010

Souperman to the Rescue!

Alright, so I was having one of those days and not just an 'I have three crazy kids and a thousand things to do' days, but a uncomfortable 'I hate being pregnant day.' I often find myself wondering what that 'glow' must look like because I have never had it.

Anyway, my favorite soup in the world comes from the Nordstrom's Cafe. Their tomato basil soup is amazing, but here in Columbus they only sell it on Fridays. Needless to say, it was a Friday and it was all I could think about. By the time Todd got home from work, we fed the kids, and got in the car it was 7:45pm. The cafe closed at 8pm and we live 20 minutes away. Yikes. I know I am so lame but it was definitely the straw that day and my eyes started to well up. We arrived in the parking lot at 8:05 and Todd leaped from the driver's seat and ran inside.

Now Nordstrom is a little pricey but after working for them, I will always love their costumer service. Todd told the chef that he would make his pregnant wife's day and make him look like a hero if he would let him buy one bowl of soup. The man looked straight at Todd and in a serious tone without even cracking a smile said "well get ready to put your cape on!" Yes, Todd was my hero that day and so was that chef. It's all about the little things. I love my hubby and it was one of my favorite moments ever.

3 comments:

amy said...

That's very sweet!....and btw you do have the pregnant glow!

Danielle Strong said...

so sweet, way to go todd!

Kristi said...

What a sweet husband (don't tell him I said that). I think I had that soup last time I went to the cafe...can't remember though...so I may have to try it again! Love Nordstrom's. Love you guys!