Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Meet Jack!

Introducing Jack! Jack is a huge Bullfrog. Todd called me from work and told me he was bringing a pet home. I thought he was kidding but after he started talking aquariums, five year life spans, and crickets, I knew it was real. Todd caught him when the frog was crossing the road to actually get to the other side! The kids loved him but he required like a hundred gallon tank which is ridiculously huge! Plus, when I told Todd that he would have to be the one to buy the crickets a few times a week I think he realized that any pet, even the ones that sit there and do nothing, require attention.
This is what happens when I yell pose.
The kids kept asking why the frog just sat there so we realized it was time to set him free in our neighborhood lake. To our surprise there are tons of frogs just like Jack who live happily in the lake a short walk from our house. Todd took Dylan down there early one morning for an outdoor adventure and to visit Jack. The report is that Jack is loving his new home and water to swim in.

No comments: