Monday, June 01, 2009

Random Sundays

This is what my kids look like during sacrament meeting.
This is what I wished they looked like during sacrament meeting.
This is Brooklyn's first reaction when I ask her to smile.
And you all know it...the princess pose.
This is her true personality.  Half princess half hulk.
Sometimes we do an impromptu photo shoot while the kids are still dressed after church.
Brooklyn's princess pose in her princess dress (thanks grandma Fergie)!
Dylan drew a picture of him passing the sacrament.  It's crazy trying to get to church in the mornings but we do it in the hope that something will eventually sink in.  So thanks to some really helpful people and some really great teachers Dylan comes home with papers like this one. I think he's getting the idea.
Easter Sunday we painted eggs after church.  Can you guess which belong to Dylan and which are Brooklyn's?


Typical Sundays go like this....Wake up at 6:30 when Todd is leaving for meetings.  Shower and get ready. (Bags are packed the night before.)  Get chocolate milk and bottle ready.  Wake up the kids way too early for their sleepy bodies.  Stick chocolate milk and bottle in their mouths while they wake up slowly after I have moved them to my bed. (If they weren't there in the middle of the night already.)  
Take them downstairs and try to get them to eat breakfast.  Put bags in the car and take kids upstairs and get them dressed.  Sometimes if Logan will stay asleep I wait until 8 to wake him so that I can do the other two first.  Once kids are dressed cut off their chocolate milk supply because even though they have 'no spill' sippy cups, they still manage to spill them on their clean and ironed clothes.  Then I get Logan up, changed, and dressed.  I get dressed last as to avoid extra wrinkles and the slobbered shoulder look. 
 I get the kids in the car and double check for my calling bag, extra bottle, snacks, diaper, etc.  Once the kids ares strapped in we arrive to church no later than 8:50 so I can get a seat that blocks the kids inside a pew.  I usually try and get there by 8:40 so that I can make my copies for the RS program.  Then we try not to sit next to families that are offended by small children making noise (everyone has them).  But more often than not there are a lot of smiles, a lot of 'how can I helps' and a lot of friends offering their YW daughters to sit with us.  It's a great ward and oh so very kind!  
Then I point out where daddy is and tell the kids that he'll be watching them, but they forget that in the first five minutes.  We do pretty well and I get to hear most talks with a few moments of refereeing in between.  Brooklyn has figured out that if she says "I have to use the potty" I will take her out.  And if she says "I have to go poop"  I will run her out.  Unfortunately for me it's about half and half on the scale of truth.  But would I ever risk it....no!  The kids do great in their classes.  I think Dylan is pretty good for his teachers and Brooklyn I'm told, is kind of a loner when it comes to playtime.  I think she just misses Dylan but they say she likes to play alone.  Both kids have some amazing teachers and leaders and I'm grateful for their preparation and time. 
I drag Logan in and out of class and RS either for secretary stuff or because he likes to scream for no reason.  He's not mad, sad, or anything, he just likes to see how loud his voice can go.  After church Todd helps buckle kids in and as we drive home Brooklyn always says "where's Daddy?"  I tell her he has meetings and without fail her reply with a groan is "again?"  When we get home we de-robe, eat lunch, and relax.  It's kind of crazy but it's starting to work out pretty well.  Baby steps.    

1 comment:

Lori said...

Hang in there...it does get easier!