Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Aquarium of Fun!

We visited the aquarium with Grandma Smith and had a great time.  You normally stay dry when you're at an aquarium but we got soaked!  On our way out we got stuck in a down pour and took refuge in the arms of some yummy food at a near by restaurant.  It's odd to eat seafood just after visiting an aquarium but Todd still managed.  Congrats Dylan!  He pet his first shark today...it was a big deal!  But he wanted soap and water as quickly as possible.
Brooklyn loves this part.  She would rather be swimming with them or keeping one as a pet but she settles for petting a shark instead.
Oh happy day!
Logan feeling safe but still cautious.
Logan and Grandma loving the aquarium.
I am grateful for glass that is really, really thick.
Unthink KFC everyone....what a cute shot.
This is the best part of the aquarium.  I love the shark tunnels, it's like swimming with sharks without the nasal problems, wet hair, and that whole death staring you in the eye thing.
An impromptu dance session.
Brooklyn pretending the bird freaks her out.
Dylan wanting to touch it but probably worrying about it's cleanliness.
Dylan trying to get Brooklyn to go first.  I think this will be their whole life.  Dylan pushing Brooklyn into the unknown first because she's fearless, and then Dylan will go.
A trip to the aquarium wouldn't be complete without a ride on our favorite amphibians.
Brooklyn can't stop moving.
Dylan being a frog.
A day in the life...
Brooklyn reaching for crabs and Todd making sure she doesn't go head first.
Handsome husband of mine.
She's really feel'in the rhythm.
Scared of the really sharp teeth.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Love that place. I'm so proud of Dylan! Brooklyn cracks me up. I am expecting to see her on Broadway in the future for sure...

Oh, and we ate seafood after the aquarium as well. Weird to explain THAT ONE to the girls....

Lori said...

What a fun field trip Amy! Love the picture of Logan and Grandma Smith! Great thoughts about the shark tank! I hate those things...sharks creep me out!