Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Silly Snapshots and Zoo Day with Dylan

Trying to get some cute shots for Mother's Day.



                                                                                                                                   Good big brother.                                        


Learning to sit.

Thinking about it.

He likes sitting.


Sweet baby Parker.


Awesome kids, lots of fun, dip 'n' dots, and playgrounds.  Oh yeah, and a few wild animals too.

Drew and Nathan were in our group.

He'd rather climb than watch the manatees not move.

Just hang'in around.  It was an awesome day at the zoo.  I cherish the time I get to spend with each of my kids individually.  One on one time always helps me understand and get to know them better.  Of course I already think they are perfect, but this helps their personalities shine through.  Dylan is a born leader, he likes to take charge but doesn't enjoy the spotlight.  He does enjoy making others laugh and when he's really excited his voice is so high and he talks so fast. He is usually telling people what to do and where to go or what to pretend to be so that they fit into the world he has created in his head.  Everyone was divided into small groups of three but when we got to the lunch pavilion, everyone came running up to give him hugs and they all wanted to sit by him.  I don't need my kids to be popular but it was so comforting to see how many kids like him and that he isn't being bullied but that he has lots of friends.  He is quite the social butterfly and pretty hard to keep up with.  I was also worried I wouldn't be cool enough for him since he already doesn't let me hug him at school.  To my delight when w met in front of the zoo, he was thrilled I was there and came running up to me to give me a huge bear hug.  Great day!

No comments: