 |
| We decided to take a little day trip to a nearby small town for an ice cream festival. It turns out we were a month early for the festival but we happen to be there for the soft opening of the soda shop, cafe, and museum for the summer season. Plus we drove through tiny old towns and had our own little adventure along the way. Here is a really old general store we passed and there was a 200 year old church behind it. |
 |
| Dylan couldn't figure out what this was. I told him it was a typewriter and what I was referring to when he would eat his corn in perfect rows. Hilarious. I never thought I would feel so old. |
 |
| Enjoying some yummy treats! Perfect smiles for mom... |
 |
| ...and there are their real personalities shining through. |
 |
| The man who owns the ice cream factory was nice enough to give us an entire bag of bread to feed the ducks. |
 |
| Getting some ice cream love. |
 |
| This is his really excited face. |
 |
| Parker's first real ice cream ever. It was a huge hit. |
 |
| Feeding the overly aggressive and fearless ducks and geese or 'gooses' according to my kids. |
 |
| Dividing the bread so the kids don't get attacked. |
 |
| Brooklyn takes charge of the bread. |
 |
| Lovable Logan making friends. |
 |
| This was the original factory that is now the store. The new ice cream factory sits directly behind this building. |
 |
| Dylan presenting his mom with flowers. Be still my heart! |
 |
| There is a walking path and a park that runs behind the grounds of the factory. Wish I had known. As usual I am not sporting the proper footwear and could use a pedicure as well, yikes. |
 |
| Trying to take our own picture was hilarious to Logan. |
 |
| And that put him in a really funny mood. |
 |
| Face after face. |
 |
| Dad feeling a bit more adventurous took the kids down to the stream. |
 |
| And Parker just smiled... |
 |
| And smiled some more... |
 |
| And grinned a lot. |
 |
| My sweet oldest looking older and older. |
Leave it to me to sniff out ice cream wherever I live. Looks like I found Ohio's ice cream capital. My family and Ice Cream, two of my favorite things in the world. Not necessarily in that order. Just Kidding.
No comments:
Post a Comment