Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Indiana Mania

We had Dylan's birthday a little early so that we could be ready to move. It was Indiana or bust.
The kids arrived and Dylan welcomed everyone by giving them their hats and satchels. Then he told them all that they would all be the fake Indiana Jones' and he would be the only real one. The first activity to get everyone there was to make sand candy necklaces.
The whole gang getting ready to embark on their Adventure training camp.
I love this picture. Brooklyn was so excited.
The mummy gave the party goers their first clue. Notice the fact that Logan is looking at Dylan like this is totally normal behavior in our house.
First task, a mummy race around the ancient mummy tomb.
Archaeological Dig and Pankot Palace yucky food search.
Through some spider webs to find the river of snakes and their next clue.

Even the girls got in on the gig.
Dylan leading his team down to the dark spider web where the ancient treasure was hidden.
As the kids came down and climbed through the web, they would get hit with green spider slime (silly string.) Some of them, including Dylan loved this, others were a little shocked to get hit with the stuff (I don't think they all had seen silly string before.) Fortunately there were no casualties and everyone enjoyed the bounteous treasure trove of candy. And after the pinata candy, I'd say they were well birthdayed.
Dylan and his cake. It was his idea to make the cookie crumb sand. And thanks mom for all the Indiana Jones gear. There is no better resource for everything Indiana than you and dad.
We had cake, ice cream and green sorbet sprite drinks with gummy worms on top.
Brooklyn felt cool that Dylan was her big brother and she was so happy to be part of his party.
Indiana Dylan in all his birthday glory.
The "before" shot. "What's this, mom? You call it cake?"
The "after" shot. Logan loooovvvesss cake!
Brooklyn's so glad when mummy comes home.
Dylan loved getting chased by the Pharaoh.
We're pretty sure he had a good time. When we asked him what part was his favorite he said, "pretty much the whole thing."

5 comments:

Danna said...

Too fun Amy! I love Indiana Jones, Jake (6) thinks I should have an Indiana Jones party too! :)
I ran into your mom at the farmers market, it was so fun to see her and chat!

Unknown said...

You are amazing Amy. So much fun. Wish I were close enough to come to your parties. My boys would go nuts for that kind of stuff. Thanks for the fun ideas. I think I will steal them and people will think I'm cool too. Hee! Hee!

Karla said...

What a party!!! Dylan is in full glory and it's adorable. The flower on Brooklyn's hat is too cute...a girly Indiana Jones! Logan is growing up and such a cutie. What a grin! Amy, you're brave to tackle such huge events while trying to get ready for your move. You deserve a "Bestest Mommy" award!

Lori said...

Well, CRICKEY! That's some pit of snakes! Way to find the treasure trove Daring Dylan! Hope your day was full of slimy surprises! Love you...The Zenger Cousins

Heather said...

WOW- You're amazing Amy! I LOOOVED everything you did! I bet they had so much fun! I don't think any of us will ever grow out of treasure hunts! Loved the snakes in the tub and the silly string! Brooklyn's pic when she's getting excited is precious! And Dylan leading the group down the staircase is awesome! Priceless pics for both birthdays! Incredible job!