Sunday, March 21, 2010

By Popular Request



The new house we call home. Family has been asking for pictures, so excuse the mess, and here ya go. I'll send more when I teach the kids how to clean their rooms. So maybe next year...ha ha ha, just kidding.
The back of the house.
Side view
My favorite part is being able to do the dishes or make a meal while I can see the kids in the family room.
Love the cabinets but most are still empty.
Office with windows right off the family room. I thought it was weird at first but since the computer gets used so much, it's actually the perfect location and the kids love to make faces through the glass.
Kitchen hallway with butler's pantry leading to the front door and dining room.

More kitchen. Dylan loves to swing from the counter tops and Brooklyn just likes to sit on the counters.
I love the breakfast nook and my neighbors little toddler likes to find her way to the door that's just hidden on the right.
It looked like it would fit, but the tv was too tall and the weird built in was too small. We are planning on mounting the tv above the fireplace but until we find someone who can do that we watch the other one. If anyone has any idea what I can do with the weird spaces...let me know.
Bird's eye view from the overlook. We are just so happy to be together under this roof. But after being apart for a few months, any roof would suit us just fine!

5 comments:

Danielle Strong said...

it's so beautiful, congratulations!

amy said...

Wow! It is a beautiful home, and suits you well! We are so excited to visit sometime soon. Thanks for sharing the pictures! Miss you!

p.s. Amy, I like what you did with the weird built ins. The cluster of pictures looks great. I'm sure you can find some oversized accessories to fill the bottom shelf once you move the t.v.

Lori said...

Just Beautiful...How lucky are you to have found a spankin' deal!!! So happy that you're getting settled once again together in a new place. Looking forward to visiting you sometime in the future...we'll have to hit up that waterslide! :-) I think you've done a great job with decor already...you've only been there a short time and I've been here a year and I'm still trying to figure things out! HA! HA! As for the shelves...try some oversized decorative baskets that can catch all those misc. items when you need a last minute place to stash stuff! :-) Love you

Karla said...

Love your new home. You've already made so much progress in getting moved in. I'm happy that you're all together again and can now enjoy your beautiful new home. Can't wait to visit.

lacey said...

I LOVE It! I love the outside roof line, with that slight curve. Your kitchen is AWESOME. Take more pictures!
I want to see it all ;)

I'm so glad you are together again. Moving and rerooting is so stressful, but then to be separated is just painful.

My hair started falling our like crazy this Summer. Like serious new growth fuzzies coming in just now. I just did not enjoy last Summer! :)

We are moving again. Onto base. Long story. But new ward and schools. And I know it will be okay. We think the house will be available right about when I deliver. Isn't that perfect ? ;)