Thursday, March 11, 2010

Totally Minnie

Brooklyn had her party way early this year because she has never had one and I knew these girls were very special to her. Plus, I didn't know how soon we would be settled into our new place so it all worked out perfectly. For the past two years Brooklyn has been obsessed with Minnie mouse. She loves her and when you ask Brooklyn who her favorite princess is she always answers Minnie Mouse. I love Disney but her obsession even surprised me. Brooklyn helped make these and it was all she could talk about for two weeks straight!
The whole crew in their totally Minnie skirts. A HUGE thanks must go out to the helpful moms who saved my day. I had most things ready but with the move I thought I would not get to finish the skirts. Thanks to the ladies that stepped in and made Brooklyn's day perfect! I couldn't ask for better friends!
Logan actually helped me fill these jars. He ate what he could fit in his mouth as fast as he could before getting caught. And thanks to starburst for doing a bag of "just reds."
Dylan calling out the Bingo pictures and Angela running the show while Traci, Jenny and I frantically finished the skirts.
Brooklyn was so serious about her job to decorate her cookie all by herself.
Love this picture! Don't worry everyone got their own utensils.
Dylan enjoying eating more than decorating.
The Minnie cookies barely made it past the frosting without getting their ears bit off. Note to self, lots of little girls, plus cookies, candy, cake, pizza, dresses, bows, and glitter equals very high pitched screams of joy for hours. I loved every bit of our first all girl party for Brooklyn.
A work of art. Sorry to all the moms who got their girls back after they ate these. I bet I wasn't the only one not getting sleep that night. My mom, who happens to live by Disneyland and has access to all things Minnie sent these sweet little sprinkles straight from Minnie's Bakery. Plus all the Minnie treat bag items were a huge help too.
Mallory perfectly decorated her cookie in a pattern. I wonder where she gets her artistic skill? And have you ever seen such blue eyes?
Yes, this was before the pizza. Not that pizza is high in nutritional value anyway. Ellie did a beautiful job on her masterpiece cookie.
I think this was Ashlyn's first birthday party. She's the one with the sweet little face and the backwards ears. I love it! Pretty little Minnie's' all in a row.
Thanks Grandma Fortner for the Pinata. This is what it looked like after Dylan's last turn.
The chocolate cake!!!
Dylan loved being the only boy there and one of the helpers. He was the official BINGO caller and took his job very seriously. After calling out one of the pictures he would make sure everyone had their marker on their bingo card one by one. It was a big responsibility!
This is Miss Eva after her sprinkle, red cookie face had been washed off.
Little miss Sarah Gold adorned in everything Minnie.
This is the other Brooklyn. She's the daughter of my BYU college roommate Danielle. She is so quiet and so sweet! Heather, doesn't she look exactly like her mom?
We had two Ellie's and two Brooklyn's! This is Ellie our neighbor. She and my Brooklyn are about the same age and are so cute when they're together.
A girl can never have too many bows. Emma was so excited.
Brooklyn loved her pizza!
Upon arrival each little Minnie got to decorate her own bag. Brooklyn went a little crazy with the tiny Minnie stickers...awesome!
tickle time
Big smiles. All I can think about at this point is getting the house back together because the movers were coming at 8am. No sleep that night.
The perfect party dress. Brooklyn has already asked for a Minnie party for her next birthday too.
What was the birthday girl's favorite part? "Cake, cake cake, chocolate happy birthday cake!" I couldn't agree more.

5 comments:

Karla said...

I want a Minnie Mouse birthday party!! Wow, Amy! What a party! And to think you did it all the night before moving...all I can say is, "Wow!" Brooklyn is such a darling and I'm happy that she had so much fun for her birthday.

Danielle Strong said...

Brooklyn loved it! She couldn't stop talking about it for days. And she wanted to wear her Minnie attire for days too. Looks like everyone had so much fun. THANK YOU!

Lori said...

Whose the leader of the club that's made for you and me? B-R-OO-K-L-YN M-O-U-S-E! Brooklyn Smith, Brooklyn Smith, forever let us hold our banners high! Come along and sing a song and join the jamboree! B-R-OO-K-L-YN M-O-U-S-E! Love you Brooklyn...Happy, Happy Birthday From the Zenger Cousins.

Thompson Family said...

dang Aimes, You are still so creative with all your kids bdays. Miss ya! good luck with the move.

Heather said...

Yes! Spitting image of her mom! It's still so crazy to think you guys were in the same city!

WOW AMY- The Minnie party is AMAZING! I want one thrown for me like that! It warms my heart to see Brooklyn soooo happy. She's a wonderfully special girl.