Thursday, March 11, 2010

We were Lucky in Kentucky!

There goes the van. Logan was with me to say goodbye.
Last Louisville sunset over our local stables.
These are some of the gals. All amazing, all beautiful, all talented and very fun. There was no shortage of inspiring ladies to hang out with.
Ellie and Sarah's artwork. Well, then again it might be Jed's. ha ha ha.
This is who most little ones in the world call "Grandma Tam." Her grandkids live far from her so she made us all feel like we had a little bit of home with us. She is so cool. The first time I met her I said hello because i saw her doodling. I knew she had to be artistic and she is!
Angela was giving Todd the piece of cake that he has always cut for her at every event involving sweets of any kind. The Gold's gave us KY shirts and this is Todd's. Mine said "gett'in Lucky in Kentucky." It's one I have wanted for a long time. :) Thank you to the Gold family. Now more people in Ohio love you! Ang, there are no words except I love you!
Zane and Traci. My amazing neighbors always making me feel special. Traci has a talent for all things handmade and some of my most precious keepsakes are from her. She is awesome and I felt like she totally watched out for me while Todd was away! Thanks Traci!
Brando minus Kelly. Sad. But happy we could say goodbye to one. This is another one of the great couples we know and perhaps some of the funniest people in the world.
Brooklyn put together this get up.
And Todd decided since his Dad wasn't there that he would dress their only son in the same costume.
River Monster buddies.
The little ladies group.
Jenny and Keith, the most intense couple we know. Keith is so funny and Jenny was an amazing friend to me. I had to force myself on her one night when Todd was camping with the kids and I got locked out of the house. Ever since then, we were bonded and she has a very special place in my heart.
Dylan's last day at Kenwood Station Elementary School!
Dylan loved being a Tiger and his whole class and all the teachers drew pictures and wrote paragraphs that started with "what I remember most about Dylan is..." It is such a cool keepsake. It's so special to see how Dylan must have interacted with each kid in the class. His teachers last comments on his report card were that Dylan is well liked by his peers and that he was turning into quite the writer. My favorite picture was from a little girl in his class who drew hearts and rainbows and just kept saying "I love you Dylan, I like you, I love you." Looks like we're getting him outta there just in time.
These are five of the six amigos. They are awesome!
One last walk through the house! I wasn't sure what the kids would do when they saw it empty but they thought it was hilarious. They ran around each room screaming and chasing each other saying "goodbye mommy's room, goodbye closet, goodbye door." You get the idea.
These are the faces of the best kids in the world who are about to tag along with mom and dad on a whole new adventure in Columbus Ohio.

5 comments:

Marla said...

Whenever you want to come up Cleveland way...we have lots of room! Next time we head to the temple we'll be in touch...maybe we could get together for lunch???

Hope the unpacking is going OK! it's such a drag!

Lori said...

Hey Amy~ I'm sure it's difficult to leave such wonderful friends...but what a fantastic thing to have so many great memories and fun times to look back on! Hope all is going well in your new home. :-)

lacey said...

Oh Amy! Your parties were unbelievable, and yet totally believable by you! I just wish you could box all your decorations up and send them to me!

How come we never ate at any of those places? But rafferty's. Oh and mcd's. Probably cause I am boring.

I hope things are going smooth in the getting settled phase. I know how hard it was for people to see your family leave. What has it been? 9 months or so? And I still miss you dearly.

Can't wait to see more updates. House pictures and what life is like for you there. We're moving again ourselves. To base. Not that big of a move. But oh the unpacking and organizing! I told myself last year, never again! I lied.

Karla said...

It's always a bit hard to leave a piece of your heart in the places you've lived and left. You guys have had some wonderful friends and great memories in Louisville and now you're off to make some more of each in ohio! Can't wait to visit! Hugs and kisses to all.

Vaughn Mathis said...

Sad to see you go, but you are going to LOVE Columbus!

We miss it so much!