I am signed up to be the special secret guest for reading time in March. I picked March because it's Brooklyn's birthday. But shhh don't tell.
Brooklyn goes to Kindergarten every Tuesday, Thursday, and alternating Fridays. It's kind of weird but perfect for us. Brooklyn gets her fill of school and then gets a day off to relax. And I still get full days with my five year old. Love it.
This was back-to-school night at school. The kids got popcorn and Popsicles. They met their teachers and explored their classrooms. This was Dylan showing Brooklyn the ropes of art class because he's a total pro now.
Dylan with one tooth left to loose.
He has Mrs. Miner for 2nd grade! She's great and reminds us a ton of his teacher from last year. We are so excited for his new adventure.
Finding his cubby and grateful for the green.
He was so excited about the rug on their floor. He was even more excited to find Dad's Brazil flag.
The others just liked the idea of being able to lay on the floor at school.
Brooklyn 1, jump rope 0.
Basketball season coming soon to a Dylan near you.
Popsicles, round two.
First day of school lunch notes, blessings, favorite breakfasts and packed lunches, and a fancy new outfit.
This year was Dylan's grown up year. He had to have a one strap backpack. And he was all done with characters and ready for solid color lunch boxes.
Although he's a big kid now, I still forced him to hold my silly sign.
Oh yeah, and put books on his head. :)
This is his first day walking into his classroom.
Mom: Dylan are you nervous at all this morning?
Dylan: No.
Mom: Not even a little?
Dylan: nope.
Mom: (mom of the year award, I know) Why not?
Dylan: Because you said I was really good at making friends.
Mom: (Relief, wonder, amazement, gratitude, love, happiness, and a little bit of pride. He really is amazing and he steers Todd and i straight all the time. He has so much faith for such a little dude. We are so proud of you Dylan, I learn from you everyday!)
And with a deep breath (by me) we are off, leaving Dylan to do his first assignment at his new desk as a 2nd grader.
The next day was Brooklyn's first day of school. With Todd not able to see them off i was grateful they started on different days so that I could give each one their own special attention.
My baby girl starts real school. Yikes.
Brooklyn was more than happy to pose as many times as I wanted. She was upset, however that I had curled her hair. Does that really start this early?
Brooklyn's first day of school outfit of choice? A chihuahua in outer space. If this doesn't make sense to you, that's OK. We're not really sure either.
And with another deep breath and a stroller full of babies in the hallway, we were off. This time leaving sweet Brooklyn at her own desk, with her own name tag, and her own special place. (i was so proud of her for being so brave. She had a hard time with preschool for a while. Every time I would walk her in, she would get a bit upset. With kindergarten there were no tears, just excited giggles. Now Dylan walks her to her class every time. It is the sweetest thing ever! We love you Brooklyn and we are so proud of you for loving kindergarten. (Within week one she got to pick from the treasure box twice for doing so well.) We can't wait to see what's in store for your first year at Glen Oak.



5 comments:
More great pictures, Amy! Looks like everyone is a pro at the school things already. I love Brooklyn's outfit of choice...and especially that you let her pick it out!! Cute, Cute pictures!
Love you all!
This blog post made me cry! Great writing. I can't believe how fast everyone is growing! Dylan with no tooth?! He's such a big kid now! And walking Brooklyn to school! Awww. So sweet. And Brooklyn is a knock-out! Gorgeous! Logan and Parker are ADORABLE! Miss you all!!!
This post made me cry, too. Amy, you are such a sweet mother and always go out of your way to make every day special. Dylan, Brooklyn, Logan, and Parker are blessed! They looked so cute on their first day of school. I love that Dylan has faith to believe your words. It will serve him well in life. I love you all and MISS you!
P.S. that wasn't GC Hatch. It was KA Smith.. ha, ha. My sister has been here for a visit and I didn't realize she had been the last one to use the computer.
Think of your family so often- loved the picture of the boys all zonked out asleep- I have one of those same pictures somewhere in my computer too! Your family is growing up and still so darling and still so missed by us! We especially missed seeing you in August when we were at Kristi's. 2 in school! Is it life changing or what? Somedays it feels like more work to dress the girl then to just let her stay home ;) (aghhhhh!) - although this year I have 3 out the door all day and that is weird too. You look beautiful as always Amy. The best part is- you're that way inside too. hug-
Post a Comment