Thursday, September 15, 2011

Swim Summer

 Logan was still a little worried about the big slide this year, but he loved his new lightning McQueen life jacket!


 The kids did great at the pool this summer.  Since we had Brooklyn the fearless and Logan the wanderer and Dylan the distracted and new crawling baby Parker I was really worried.  But they all always followed my rules of sticking together, making sure I could see them, not passing a certain line to the deep end, and wearing the life vest. It was so easy and so much fun. Logan would still wander to the deep end but as soon as he realized he was floating he freaked.  Parker would still crawl right into the water but I was always in the pool.


 Enjoying our last moments in the sun.

 I love this picture of Brooklyn but I just noticed the old guy behind her, yikes.  At least all ages were enjoying the pool. lol.
 Dylan's first attempt at the diving board.  13feet of water kind of freaked him out.  Grandpa Ferguson challenged him and he accomplished his goal. Way to go Dylan.
 nervous....
 nice!
 I give him a ten!
 And swimming to the side no problem.
 And then there was Brooklyn.  After she saw Dylan jump in, it was all I could do to keep her from that diving board.  She's seriously fearless.  She can't swim. I mean at all. She thinks she can. She'll come within seconds of drowning and still want to try and try again.
 I told Dylan to take a picture of her jumping in because I wanted her to feel special too but oh my gosh, this was frightening.  They must have gone off the diving board a hundred times and the sweet lifeguard let me stay in the water as long as I was on the side. A few times Brooklyn tried to do her 'tricks.' Let's just say there were also a few times I had to dive under water to fish her out at nearly the bottom.  I have never seen a kid sink faster.  I think she is almost swimming the wrong way.  It also doesn't help that she won't let go of her nose so that the water doesn't 'hurt her brain.'  

 This pool is way too much fun!

 My favorite time to come to the pool was around dinner time because this is how crowded it was.  Ahhhh!


 The pool is hands down my favorite part about summer here.  I'm still a California girl way down deep so I feel like loving water is embedded in me.
 Good bye pool.  See you next year!

1 comment:

Karla said...

What a fun, fun summer at the pool. The kids have really come a long way in their swimming skills. I'm glad they like the water. Loved the pictures of them jumping off the diving board and laughed at the reason Brooklyn holds her nose. She's a character!