Sunday, September 11, 2011

Way Back West...

 It's that time again, we headed out West to the mountains to visit our Smith/Fry/Collette/Zenger family, BBQ, watch fireworks, see Stadium of Fire, and stomp on some old stomping grounds.

Just checked, yup, my blood still runs blue.  Even after last night's depressing football display, I still love visiting BYU. Go Cougars!

The next few pictures are of our adventures at the Sundance Resort.
 Of course you can't get one giant kid and four small ones around water and not have some kind of water fight.
I love this picture.  It was 10 years and 4 months we were at this spot and it all began. 

 Trying our best to get some kind of photo op.  Oh Logan.
 Happy tenth anniversay love of my life.  More to come on that soon!
 Here is 'our bridge' best spot in the world.  Todd on one knee and me getting diamonds, perfect!
 This is probably the point where my cell phone decided to slip out of my pocket.  I'm pretty sure some little squirrel caught it and is now taking pictures of his friends doing silly things.
 Parker seemed to enjoy the ride up. Not so much the ride down.  And once again I totally wore the wrong shoes for this.
This is one of my new favorite pictures of Brooklyn.  It says so much about her. 
 What happens when you introduce a baby to chocolate cake.  That's what Grandma's are for right?  Needless to say she was instant buddies with the baby!
 Diggin in.
 "Yup, I'm pretty sure I like this cake stuff mom."
 Dylan being awesome!
 Dylan is quite the big brother.  He tries so hard to get the others to follow.  He's a natural born leader.
 Bowling 101.  Brooklyn loved the shoes and the shiny bowling balls but not so much the waiting around for a turn.
 Giving me some attitude.
 Three Musketeers!
 Awesome picture.  These girls look amazing in red!
 Dylan going for a crazy ride.
 Todd catching air.
 This is what Logan looked like when he was informed that he was too little to drive his own four wheeler.  Major meltdown.
 Dylan showing everyone how it's done.  He drives these things just how I like it, slow and steady and very serious.
 Firecracker bow.  Happy 4th of July Brooklyn!
 Dylan took a tennis racket to the face and was bleeding a bit, but amazingly put on a very brave face.  You know when uncle Tom says 'he really got whacked' it had to be painful.  So that why D's face looks a little bit funny in some of these pictures. 


Here we were getting ready for the fireworks spectacular.
 Here are some of my favorite firework shots.  We were getting a great view.



Alright maybe we were a little too close.  This one hit my leg.
 Logan and his favorite ride.
 Or maybe it was this one.
 Parker enjoying all the attention.
So proud of myself.  500 tickets...awesome! 
 These two little ones were great buddies.  I would find them off by themselves perfectly content dripping their Popsicles onto ants.
 Daily hoops in the front yard.
 Parker's first visit with Grandma.  He loved every minute.


 The Zenger clan.  All of these guys have some pretty mad skills when it comes to the dance floor.  We love our family, even if they are way taller than me now.

 Brooklyn simply enjoyed girls.  I think there were more girls around than she knew what to do with.  Her and Lauren were fabulous playmates.  

Cousins! 

Best buddies! 
 Old enough
 Not old enough
 Pretty amazing that we got all these little ones to smile for the camera when this was happening right behind them.
 Personal pizza night.

 Future cougars!


We got to meet David Archeletta's (sp?) Grandpa and Elizabeth Smart.  Crazy!  I kind of wanted to hug Elizabeth Smart when i saw her, I couldn't even think of what to say.  She's incredible.








Father son time.

1 comment:

Karla said...

Oh my! What a grand time we all had. These pictures make me thankful all over again for the amazing family we all belong to. I love you all so much and I'm so thankful that you go through the hassles of packing up four kids and coming west to spend time with cousins, aunts, uncles, and GRANDMAS.. HUGS AND KISSES!!