Monday, September 27, 2010

First Day of First Grade

Good morning first grader. Today is your day!
3-2-1 blast off to school!
Here I come tradition sign.
Dylan wanted me to take some close-ups of his shoes and back pack. He also requested a "Last Air Bender T-shirt even though he has never seen the movie. His back pack is BEN 10. It's a boy who can change into different alien creatures with a magic watch. Right up Dylan's alley.
I LOVE this picture!
Two handsome boys. Dylan's hair done by dad. Dad is the cool-o-meter in the house.
Dylan and Daddy
I was up a little too early this day.
This is how I was feeling and it is how Dylan is always feeling.
Hugs for his partner in crime, Brooklyn.
Dylan saying goodbye to Logan.
This is how Logan felt about not getting in the car with Dad and Dylan.
This is the marker we use as a way to find Dylan's classroom. The whole thing is like a maze and it helps to pass the cool aquarium.
He did it....he is awesome!
I feel like a pro now. I think I am just as nervous, if not way more than Dylan ever is. He takes it in stride and I'm a bit of a mess. I cried for weeks before this day. First grade just seems so much more real than kindergarten. Dylan later complained about having to go everyday. All I could say was that he would have to figure out how to like school because he will be in it for the next 16 years at least! Yikes! That means I also have to get used to this!

This is the kid that brings me drawings of money and tells me he's giving me 2 hundred dollars because I work so hard. He also brings me flowers and pictures saying 'I love you' just because. I am so sad to not see him all day everyday. I miss him a ton! I wish he didn't have to grow up.

2 comments:

Karla said...

Sweet precious Dylan! Another school year has begun. You are such a pro now! Have fun!

Lori said...

Dylan...you are so handsome...I Love your backpack. Have a super duper year!