Come on, come on say Flame Sharks go FLAME - SHARKS - GO! (Yes, they named themselves the flame sharks) Yay for #2!
Dylan is starting his new team. He picked football this season. Todd is an assistant coach and they love the time together. Todd has fun remembering that he is watching six year olds try to play an organized sport and Dylan has fun being a real football player.
Dylan recently had one of those 'America's Funniest Videos' moments. His coach told him that when he got passed the ball to turn left and run. Dylan, the child who does exactly what he is told, did just that. The only problem was that when he caught the ball he had turned his body so that left was now in the opposite direction. Dylan ran for a 40yard TD, but it was for the other team.
The great part was that he took it like a champ. He didn't get upset and carried the ball later in the game. He is getting better every week! He told Todd it was his fault because he and the coach confused him. Ha ha ha. At the end of the game the coach (who is so cool and not trying to make them NFL players) gave Dylan a medal for the game because he learned and got better. We are still waiting for his first real TD or game play but by the end of the season I'm sure he'll have a hang of things. I'm super proud of him for how hard he tries and his willingness to try new things. He idolizes Todd, especially with sports. Their time together is precious to Dylan and me.
When I bought Dylan some shorts to wear, I bought them with pockets. Apparently this is a major no no in the world of football or sports in general, I don't know. But I got a boys lecture on what not to do. Being an ex-cheerleader who had no brothers makes me a little stunted in this world but I'm hoping by child four I have a better clue. To make matters worse, when I got to the field I was talking to another Dad and was saying that I knew nothing about what was going on and do you know what's the first thing he said?
"Oh, did you buy shorts with pockets?"
Again, this must be like 'sports mistakes 101' and I'm the star student. Then the Dad said...
"You know he also has to have a mouth guard in order to play, right?"
I said "I'll be back." And I ran to buy a mouth guard. Seriously, could someone do an online crash course on the world of sports. I know you sports people just assume everyone knows these things but I think Dylan knows even more than me. ha ha ha.
Football is awesome! Boys are awesome! But I am VERY happy to be a girl. And a sparkle, fabric, dress-up loving pink girl at that!



2 comments:
Oh, Amy...you're a wonderful mother of three adorable boys and you're doing great! Nope. There's no manual on how it's done,but it looks like you are definitely getting it right. I'm glad you have your pink-and-sparkle-loving Brooklyn to keep it balanced..ha,ha..
I had to chuckle at this post! I can just picture you racing to buy a mouth guard before the first whistle blow! HA! HA! You are a wonderful mom...I can totally relate! Aren't we thankful that HF decided to send just ONE girl to even the score!?
Post a Comment