Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Brooklyn's First Day at Preschool

Brooklyn is now officially a big preschooler! She had a few one hour days to get her used to the schedule and now she goes for 2.5 hours three days a week. At first I thought it would be too short, but it's the perfect amount of time for her. She just needed to get her toes wet with the whole idea of school. She is well on her way.
This is her with all her gear, ready to conquer the world!
Logan wanted his picture taken too.
Not sure what to make of this one.
The preschool gave us these tote bags to decorate. Brooklyn picked out the fabric and painted hers pink and purple...coming soon to a blog near you. This is the preschool. It's in a church/barn that was built in the early 1800's. It has an awesome but super old cemetery near by but the kids think it's cool, so that worked out.
After school I get the kids in the car and who ever was at school gets to come up to the front and tell me all about their day. We go through their book bag and decide what will be heading to the refrigerator for display. It's very sweet and very fun.
Brooklyn when she's not timid.
Logan decided to turn into a gorilla. Random picture, so hilarious.

We are so proud of Brooklyn! She is being such a big girl even without her fearless leader. She is the opposite of what one might expect her to be in a crowd. She is actually the quiet reserved one that becomes totally shy. And if you know Brooklyn at all, she is normally our firecracker/popstar/supergirl all rolled into one. She loves preschool (despite a minor set back when the baby came) and she loves having her own school to bring work home from. She made a friend the other day and I think that will make all the difference. She loves art, the playground, and learning letters. She is getting more and more creative and just told my mom a story about how when she grows up she is going to have a backyard filled with cookie trees that are pink with frosting. I'm with her on that one, except mine might be chocolate. Congrats Brooklyn on your new school!

2 comments:

Karla said...

Congratulations on your first days of preschool, Beautiful Brooklyn!! It looks like it's going to be a fun year.

Lori said...

I'm game for cookie trees and pink frosting...I think I'd like to add a pond of chocolate as well with a brownie bridge! Brooklyn and Allison have the same shy streak in public...however, when she's home...that's a whole other side!