Alright so this isn't a Legoland picture but the kids spent much of their time arranging animals and being silly at Grandma and grandpa's house.
One of the best parts of Legoland is it's landscaping. I know that sounds totally lame (sorry Dad) but it's true! The grounds are beautiful and I swear it makes you more relaxed and calm which is always a huge plus at a theme park for kids.
We took Brooklyn on her first roller coaster (this pic is actually the boat ride) and I sat next to her, grasping her to my side as tightly as possible. The first time Dylan rode it, he did not have a great experience. So when the roller coaster went up that first hill and it started to drop I peered over to check on Brooklyn and I busted up laughing so hard. She shouldn't shock me anymore but when i looked at her she had a huge grin, her eyes open wide, and both arms were high above her head as she screamed "weeeee!"
The beautiful flower fields of Carlsbad.
Dylan after pouting about something decided to change his tune.
I had to take a picture of the D man pouting because he looks so serious and I don't think he appreciated me taking a snapshot.
Todd won two sharks for the kids when he played the basketball carnival game. Brooklyn immediately took to mothering them. I would say it was sweet but they are baby sharks!
Dylan trying to dry off on mom. I didn't know human towel would be in my job description.
Another favorite picture of the trip! High fly'in with Dad. This is probably my kids favorite ride in the whole park.
Here is yet another bionicle picture. Feeling pretty tough next to Dad.
Dylan and Todd coming of the super soaker ride.
Brooklyn and I waiting for Dylan and Todd to come off the super soaker ride.
Logan loving the fish tacos.
Dylan trying to excavate some underwater ruins with that little Lego man.
Dylan hugging the fish tank...how appropriate.
Dylan loves sharks! All kinds, all shapes, all sizes, they are all awesome!
This is a picture of the kids getting to touch and pick up little hermit crabs. The colors were so vibrant and beautiful. What fun!
My kiddos pretending to be fish and getting a pretty real look into what it's like to really be one.
Dylan sliding down the tree slide in the swamp section of the aquarium.
Dylan still says he wants to be a deep sea explorer. So this is his future. Legoland's new aquarium is super cool!
Logan enjoying anything other than his stroller. But here he is especially having fun on the boat cruise.
Star Wars shirt (thanks Petey) that fits perfectly in with this scene. I'm pretty sure Brooklyn could take on Darth Vadar (sp?) but Dylan likes to hang more with the good guys. ha ha ha.
My oldest child being fed to the lions.
Now Brooklyn's turn to happily look eaten by a lion.
You can't tell, but in this picture Dylan and Grandpa are in front of a giant Bionicle. Dylan insisted on getting a picture with every single one.
Just a cute shot.
Brooklyn is trying to keep up with Grandma jumping on the dots to get the musical instruments to play.
This is Brooklyn driving her safari jeep through the ever dangerous terrain of Africa.
This is Legoland California, a favorite for my kids. It's so stress free because it's a five minute drive from my parents house. You could literally go through a couple of back neighborhoods to get there. It's made more for smaller kids so it's ideal for our family. Dylan can go on all the roller coasters which makes him feel like the coolest kid in town.



2 comments:
GREAT photos. You were serious about this vacation thing! My Todd (aka a really huge 5 year old) has been DYING to go to Legoland for YEARS! I'll tell him about the bad landscaping to make him feel better... :)
We need to borrow Todd next time we go to a Waterpark...my kids love all the crazy rides...I prefer to spend time sun tanning...he can be the chaperone!
Post a Comment