Monday, December 14, 2009

Twilighters Anonymous

The girls and I had a get together to have fun and go to the premiere of New Moon. I'm being hounded for pictures from that night so here we go... I'd always wanted to go to a midnight showing of something, so I put the feelers out and sure enough a ton of friends felt the same way. It's such a fun and entertaining series and hard to put down. Plus, it was a good excuse to throw one last get together. So much fun!
This is where all the guests brought their appetizers. Emily tried to do a mushroom dish in honor of Bella. So cool.
Candles lit up the room. Thanks Ang, for so much glass.
Frames of all my favorite quotes.
This poster is actually just taped over Dylan's car poster. :)
Cullen family crest.
Raspberry and pomegranate soda. One was yummy, the other not so much.
Wolf section. Team Jacob.
Vampire chocolates. So glad this movie came out right after Halloween, when all the candy was on sale.
Cool candy and drink labels from Hostess with the Mostess.
Favorite candy and color.
We gave a prize to the person who could take the best prom picture with Edward. And here are the contestants...Danielle has the right height and wore an amazing outfit!
Angela, so prom-like. Awesome!
Emily couldn't stop laughing.
This was my not so good attempt at Edwards scowl.
And the winner is....AJ! She's awesome! AJ and her mom Barbara are the ones that totally got me hooked! Thanks!
I wanted to invite anyone and everyone who loves the books but it was difficult and awkward asking people because they either love 'em or don't. Since this night, I have found seven more ladies who I never knew about. I guess we'll have to do another one next June. Darn. (In this pic, we are missing Barbara and we can't forget Keith who offered to come without a shirt...yikes!)
Todd's cape totally added to the ambiance.
The next day shot, so you can see everything in the light.
Edward greeted guests upon arrival :)
Cullen Candy bar with my unfinished banner.
table scape
Todd got me roses for a separate occasion but they happen to work perfectly into my table scene.
The Volturi are my favorite, their costumes are amazing. And this is my favorite scene from Twilight.
My T-shirt and Todd's super heavy black Halloween costume cape.
And they lived happily forever after...

9 comments:

Danielle Strong said...

I have been awaiting this post too. LOVE IT!!!! It was an amazing party. You really do need to come back this summer for an Eclipse party. You really are the hostess with the mostess.

Rhianna said...

Wow! Looks like a lot of work went into this party. You did a great job on the decor and theme. I'm very impressed!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness Amy! This makes me so sad that we live so far apart! I would have been all over this party! Everything looks amazing, but of course it does when you have anything to do with it!!! Looks like you ladies had so much fun!

amy said...

Amy,

Whenever you do something you do it right! Looks like a fun party...even with the vampires!

Love you,

Amy

lacey said...

Oh how fun... you didn't miss anything! I missed it though!

Lori said...

Alright...I have about 25 ladies in our ward who would have gladly been guests at this black tie event! Love the tablescapes...and the labels! I NEED an ART PUBLISHING PROGRAM! Great job...looks like fun!

Noelle said...

What a fun looking party. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'll get around to it eventually.

Heather said...

AMAZING!!!! Wish I could've been there! You throw the best parties and this looks like you out did yourself! I forwarded this link to a bunch of my friends that love Twilight and they were all amazed! Awesome job!!!

Kristi said...

All I can say is.... WOW. You should seriously look into party planning as a profession. SERIOUSLY. In fact, I have friends that THINK they are good party planners, but your skills DOMINATE! I'm seriously so sad that couldn't be there (I would have been invited, right???). You are too too cute and I consider myself lucky to be your friend. :) Miss you....