Thursday, December 10, 2009

Mr. and Mrs. Smith go to New England

Our last dinner without crayons, our last night without little bodies in our bed, and our last night remembering what it felt like to be sane.
Another Top Chef restaurant.
This is Tom C.'s Craft. We LOVE "Top Chef." Tom is our favorite and Todd has always wanted to meet him. I was hoping it would happen and sure enough Tom walked in. Although they didn't meet, Todd got to see him rush to the kitchen to cook for a private party.
This one was for Dylan.
Both of my Edwards in one picture. Be still my heart :)
Heather is in front of her Jersey Boys Marquee but with the glare it's a little hard to see.
Todd is trying to help KFC count the number of grilled chicken sold. The Ironic thing is he's actually counting the number of day before an offer from Wendy's came.
St. Patrick's cathedral.
Pretty Central park in the Fall. My sis lives a block from this. Lucky girl.
We rode the central park carousel and sang the Sound of Music tunes at the top of our lungs.
Heather said that this is where pretty much everyone gets proposed to. Todd didn't get the memo. ha ha.
This is my GQ hubby. Watch out.
huggy buggy
I'm not sure what I was doing here but Todd looks so skinny.
This was he first thing I did when i saw the huge rock.
This was the first thing Todd did when he saw the huge rock.
Heather and her super cool NY apartment. They pretty much act like brother and sister.
Living in Louisville we know that our trees are beautiful. My mom asked me how it was possible that there could be more color anywhere compared to Louisville and this picture is my answer. I haven't adjusted light or color. Thanks Heavenly Father.
Mother Goose. Thank you for your nursery rhymes.
Alright, we had to try and go to Salem since it was days away from Halloween, but it was a little too touristy and not so historical. The museum was already closed and the people who were out were not exactly like the mom crew I normally roll with.
I found a few places to try my hand at taking cool pictures. This was right behind the church where Paul Revere hung a lantern for the whole one if by land, two if by sea thing.
This was inside the church. Each family in the congregation had their own cubicle. I would love that idea now. I could have just locked my kids inside and let the fruit snacks fly where they may.
This is the freedom trail that you follow throughout the historical parts of the city. It truly makes you grateful for the sacrifices people made to make this country what it is today. The most obvious part of the whole trip, tours, sites, etc. was that Heavenly Father wanted this country to be founded on freedom and religion. He directed so many great people in the birth of our nation. His hand was everywhere and in everything.
The church outside the major cemetery. I ran in to use the bathroom and Todd thought he would look around like it was a tourist spot. He walked upstairs and the next thing he knew he was in the middle of a sermon and people were handing him bags, papers, and pamphlets to read.
I didn't realize what a MAJOR role Samuel Adams played. Holy cow, he was such an amazing leader.
Todd still makes a face like a kid who is forced to get his picture taken.
Self Explanatory.
This is where the Declaration of Independence was secretly brought and read from a balcony for the first time to a huge crowd. It's also the site of the Boston massacre.
The cricket on the weather vane is actually six feet long and has been stolen once.
This was our guide, she actually had the cutest red shoes on.
My favorite. Chocolates on a freshly turned down bed. And yes, it's a good thing. Thanks, Mr. Marriott!
Todd trying to lift the Breakers. Are you shocked?
This is my in motion shot.
Another model pose.
I'm learning with my camera. The detail was so cool and spooky at the same time.
I would love to have been at a party in the roaring twenties at this place.

5 comments:

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

okay... soo jealous you ate at Craft.... we were in Chicago last weekend and managed to walk into Frontera... a minor miracle! 5 min later the wait went to over an hour.. it was so good and I just kept thinking how nice Rick Bayless was the whole time we were there..(no sighting tho-)... Then we had to hit Xoco for churros and mexican hot choc...

I love Boston, we walked the freedom trail a few years ago, I thought it was so fun!
How exciting to get a weekend away! Your photos are so cute!

Danna said...

AMY!!! You were in our neck of the woods! Did you stay at the Warf Marriot? I LOVE it!! We are just a couple hours south! Great pictures!

Heather said...

LOVE ALL THESE PICS! I wanna comment on all of them. But for the mean time- you HAVE to see "John Adams!" the mini series or read the book. But I only saw the show- AMAZING! And a must as far as American history goes. (Love the central park and Breakers pics! Gorgeous!)

jamie said...

I can vouch for the book, "John Adams", it's one of my favorites. I LOVE Boston. You just went to two of my favorite cities ever. Jealous! I'm so glad you were able to get away and have some quality time together. And about your photos...and we wonder why Brooklyn is always posing in her photos. hmmm, i wonder where she gets that from?! haha Love it!

Lori said...

These pics brought back memories of our little jaunts to Boston. What fun times. Glad you had a little break! Love the EDWARDS shot! :-)