
This is Logan's very first step in the ocean water. We went to the harbor in Oceanside. It's the beach I grew up going to with friends and family for ward activities, post football game bonfires, family smore roasting, swimming, fishing, sleeping in the RV, and kite flying. I love this beach and I have so many memories there.

Brooklyn manages to still look girly while being covered in sand. This is the age where they think they can get the sand out of their mouth or eyes by rubbing their sand covered hands on them. For kids, sand is just another food group in California.

Off to go on a sand dollar hunt. This time we found so much more.

Logan enjoying the sunset and grandpa's sandy shoulder.

It's a little dark but still romantic.

Dylan destroying the Mayan temple grounds that Heather and I built.

This was just one batch of the many sand dollars we found

And here is Mr. Crabby. There were thousands of tiny crabs clicking underneath the rocks on the wharf and Todd was trying his hardest to make my dad pick one up because he was afraid of getting pinched. Todd found this one which was so much bigger and my Dad caught him in his T-shirt to impress the kids. I think Todd was most impressed.

This is the octopus that Heather, Todd and I rescued from being washed up on shore. Yeah, you can call me Diego if you want. This is one of the many colors he changed into. This camouflage look has fake eyes to scare away it's prey. How cool is nature!

I grabbed some seaweed that he could latch onto and we dragged him out to sea.

This is what he looked like all washed up.

Todd and Heather got trapped when the tide quickly rushed in. It was actually pretty scary for a second. Todd also pulled a starfish off the rocks which Dylan loved! We had a pretty awesome day of treasure hunting at the beach!



2 comments:
How FUN! Can I please go to that beach with you? By the way, I am IMPRESSED at the sea creature rescue! I am glad to see my influence has rubbed off. :) Oh, just so you know, Todd's first time in the ocean was on our HONEYMOON. Poor, sheltered soul.... Glad you had fun. Welcome back to COLD!
Those pictures are awesome. I can't believe how many sand dollars you collected! That octopus is so cool too. Maybe sometime we can get together for a trip there.
Post a Comment