Thursday, March 17, 2011

Valentines Parties x3

Thanks to Family Fun we made our own versions of the robot valentines.  They were very time consuming but very fun to make.  What little boy doesn't love robots?

Dylan adding gear and button stickers.

A robot valentine army for his valentine party.


Dylan with his teacher Mrs. Petersen.
I signed up to be Dylan's valentine party room coordinator.  To my surprise that meant I just had to coordinate and I didn't get to plan the craft or the games.  I felt blue.  Then in January I offered to come in and volunteer in Dylan's classroom a few times but the teacher never needed me.  Sad.  I told Dylan I was trying to volunteer so that he wouldn't feel like I didn't care about his school.  The next thing I knew Dylan was bringing flyers home for the school carnival saying 'look mom, I found something you could volunteer for.'  He did it just to make me feel better.  How sweet!
Dylan had to create a mailbox and this is what we could come up with from scraps around the house.
This is what happened when the monster ate too much candy.

For Brooklyn's Valentines we made giant butterflies with candy stick bodies.
For her classroom cookies we made lollypop sugar cookies.

And lastly, our family valentines party.  Treats and sweets and yummy eats.

My favorite and surprisingly easy to make.

I heart you too.

Sweetums.

Dylan hearts mom.

We heart Brooklyn. Ta dah!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

SEriously do you know how cute you are? The invitations, the cookies, the themed dinner. You are amazing! I am kind of glad I don't live by you so my kids don't come to all your cuteness parties and realize how bad they have it.

p.s. I'm copying your butterfly Valentine's next year. Love them!

Thompson Family said...

Wow Amy, you are still so creative. Crazy! I love all your ideas. I thought having kids would slow you down, but it doesnt. You are amazing.

Karla said...

Valentine's Day fit for Martha Stewart Living. So, so colorful and beautiful..amazing! Dylan's school doesn't know what they're missing out on. They should see one of your parties!!