Sunday, December 12, 2010

Halloween Maddness

A new pirate is in town. Logan calls them "arghs!"
Brooklyn with her own pirate treasure.
Todd got up early Sunday morning to make me breakfast in bed. He knows I love Halloween and made a special haunted spread. I opted out of oreos and skittles for breakfast but the pancakes were delicious.
Brooklyn with her Sunbeams teacher. He was Zorro and Brooklyn loved that he was dressed up.
Our home teacher saw Brooklyn at the end of the night and said she was beauty and the beast. Being the Disney dork that I am, I had a good laugh. Here our the current missionaries.
This is Cody. We love him. He is one of our home teachers and a great kid. He's a senior in high school and the kids love seeing him.
This is Todd doing who knows what and eating who knows what. At least he makes the missionaries laugh.
Brooklyn was pretty determined to catch this doughnut.
Dylan liked being a river monster.
This is the D-man at his school Halloween party. The whole family came out to support him in his parade and he zoomed by. I stayed for the party and Todd took the little ones home. It's always so neat to see Dylan at school. He only wanted to be Ben 10 this year. It's a young boy who turns into aliens to fight other aliens and save earth. He is another kid hero with a sci fi twist. It's very cool at his school. I never thought I would buy one of those packaged costumes that was thinner than toilet paper but here he is. While he was at school that day I couldn't stand it and quickly made a Ben 10 jacket. It was a little big but he didn't seem to mind.
Don't upset the captain or ye'll walk the plank matey.
Brooklyn's Halloween parade. I never finished putting the sparkly trim or finishing the vest but I just ran out of time. She was thrilled to have long hair and I offered to buy her a dress but she wanted the one I made. :)
Marching preschoolers.
I finally made my spooky banner. Yay!
I also made this canvas. I wanted to do one more but that will have to wait until next year.
This was my pumpkin. I never got around to carving it but I thought it was the most perfect pumpkin in the world. We actually just threw it out today. It clashed with the Christmas decor.
The Smith family had a great Halloween and can't wait for next year's haunting activities.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Halloween is always a great time...loved Todd's fro! Incredible canvas painting Amy...and loved the "SMITH" pumpkin...you're one talented lady! Love you!

Karla said...

What a fun Halloween! The kids are so cute and it look like you had some great activities.