Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Carni Crazies

We decided to take a quick little trip to a small town for what was supposed to be a huge pumpkin festival. We found it on line and then someone at Todd's work said it was awesome. Wrong! After three hours in traffic where we were unable to move, we arrived in a perfectly quaint town that was taken over by a scary smoke filled carnival. Trash covered the beautiful little streets and we're pretty sure even the kids were all smoking. There was a small corner of the 10 blocks that did have some giant pumpkins but after checking those out we got back in our car to escape the maze of fried everything, smoke, and carnival game dings. The highlight however was the architecture. The building above was part of the underground railroad. Everything was really old and had historical landmark signs in front. So cool.
This was a prize winner but not first place. I wonder what the inside of these pumpkins looks like and how many pies you could make with just one of these.
My favorite part was the cool pumpkin tower.
Apparently at the 'Posh' day spa you can take a cig break in between you manicure and facial. So fancy.
Of course there had to be the corner preacher.
I've always thought my kids were animals but this is a whole new level. Sorry about the rear in the pic, I should have cropped this one but I didn't notice until now. Classy I know.
A carnival classic. Everything here was so fried, including most of the visitors.
Amazing houses and buildings. Stephen King would totally be inspired here.
On our way out!
It's a good thing I have a big, strong husband because this is his new weight training regime. We are now a two stroller family. Yikes! Good bye pumpkin festival.

4 comments:

Brett said...

"including most of the visitors." Awesome.

Karla said...

What fun! I love quaint villages like the one here. It would be relaxing and enjoyable just to stroll down the streets!

Lori said...

Quadruplet dogs in a stroller...how precious! I wonder if they look like their mom or dad! HA! HA! HA! Too funny Amy :-)

Kristi said...

Okay, this one made me LAUGH OUT LOUD. You're hilarious! I need to get a mondo fat lard stroller for Jackson. WOuldn't that be awesome? It seems that all that place needed was a Pork Butt on a Stick stand. Right?