| Rapunzel has entered the building! |
Brooklyn showing some of the girls how to chug a cup of sprinkles.
The after-party messy mess.
Pom poms, banners, balloons oh my!
This lantern actually has a light in it. There were three but only one made it.
A perfect spot for Pascal to blend in. Did you know that chameleons don't change colors to hide? They actually change colors based on their mood swings, cool, huh?
The sun banner from the movie. We were going for the bazaar look.
Some of the treats. And believe it or not I have all of this pink sequenced fabric just lying around the house. I think I'm collecting it, but it sure came in handy for this party.
A banner I painted and almost finished.
Dining room pom poms and tower. This was the boys room.
Hopefully I'll have a finished canvas to show you soon.
And then there's the hair. Most blogs I saw used yarn everywhere. But for not that much more you can buy a roll of 100 yard yellow tablecloth plastic at a discount party store and I think the effect is much stronger.
We were going for Rapunzel's hair around the inside of her tower look.
And this is what it looks like when you braid it.
You could even play a 'go fish' game and instead of using fishing poles use her hair and have the kids say 'Rapunzel, Rapunzel let down your long hair.'
My first princess cake ever! And I didn't even melt her hands thanks to the advice of a dear friend.
We even flew lanterns which Brooklyn loved! The only problem was that it was way to windy so I became the party entertainment trying to stomp out the fire. Glad we live so close to the fire department.
Pink drinks!
For one of the games we went on a 'Find Flynn's Stolen Treasure' hunt. This was one of the clues. I made enough brown satchels and clues so that each boy at the party would be able to take home a satchel. Since the girls got flowers for their hair this was what would tie Flynn into the party a little more for the boys.
The kids also decorated crown cookies. I gave Brooklyn a dollop of frosting to spread and instead she just decorated and ate it right away.
This was one of the prizes the kids found in a satchel in the dryer. It's the magic flower in a pot of gold candy. It also served as decoration.
Another hair shot.
These were the satchels. They had jewelry, whistles, lizards, crowns, candy, and glow-in-the-dark swords in them.
This was a take-home treat. I found these awesome mini fry pans at Michael's. Walmart had Rapunzel candy and we put them in bags with perfect 'Happily Ever After' ribbon from my mom. We benefited greatly from my sister just having a wedding. My mom sent the perfect lantern paper, clue paper, this ribbon, gold glitter, gold pens, and invitations fit for a queen all leftover from the wedding. Brooklyn having just watched Aunt Petey look like a princess on her wedding day and wanting to be just like her was thrilled to use her wedding materials.. Thanks mom!
Another game was a 'Keep Pascal in the Frying Pan Relay race. Very fun!
Brooklyn specifically requested Dad to make her breakfast. Her desired menu was a healthy and light breakfast which consisted of eggs with ketchup, bacon, chocolate milk and chocolate doughnuts. It's a good thing birthdays come once a year.
Dylan was so sweet and so tired. Dylan jumped up from a deep sleep and started singing. He was also excited to see that Brooklyn got the movie Tangled. Oh, and Brooklyn also requested breakfast in bed like a princess and how daddy does for mommy.
Early morning with dad before he had an early morning meeting. Too early all around.
That's my little girl. Pink shirt, boy basketball pants, eating a hearty, protein packed breakfast and a scraped up knee from playing a little rough outside.
And a perfect happily ever after!



7 comments:
Awesome! Love the breakfast
and love the frying pan party
favors! Ha! Ha! What a cute show...
Happy Birthday Miss Brooklyn...you are one beautiful princess. Allison thinks Brooklyn looks like Ashley in the last two pictures! :-) Love you!
wow that is the most amazing party I have ever seen! How old is Brooklyn now? what a lucky girl that party looked like a blast and Amy you did a stupendous job on the decorations! I was litterally blown away with how much work probably went into everything! Very cute idea! When we finally have kids and need birthday ideas I know who to call! :) Happy Birthday Brooklyn!
OK, Party Wizard- How do you do it? I remember killing myself making a birthday cake, cleaning the house and buying the presents. Do you have a magic genie helping you?
You are uh mae zing (did that make sense?). AMAZING! I so wish these thousands of miles didn't keep me away from all your super fab parties. Have I told you lately that I miss you? Well I do. :(
Amy - you did it again! How do you do it? I am barely keeping my head above water with 4 right now.
Everything is amazing - the best part is the look on Brooklyn's cute face.
So when Rachel turns 4 can I hire you to put her birthday party together? Everything looked FANTASTIC!
What a fabuloso party! Brooklyn is a lucky little girl to have such a creative mama. I loved it all.
Post a Comment