Thursday, October 01, 2009

Random Reality

Brooklyn is still in love with Minnie Mouse. She tries to turn me or Logan into Mickey on a daily basis. Whenever she dresses up she is insistent on the ears and shoes. For Christmas, she asked for a Minnie Mouse room.
This is kind of a day in the life of Brooklyn.
Logan is obsessed with anything that resembles a stick. If he can push it, through it, or hit with it, he's in. I'd like to say that he wants to help me clean but he is the type that finds my pile of swept up dirt and throws it all around the room while laughing this deep guttural laugh.
Her is proof that I pose my kids a little too often. I asked them to wave at the camera and instead of actually moving their hands from side to side that raised their hands and froze as to not create any blur. Brooklyn's face cracks me up.
This was a big day for Dylan. As part of my plan my mom was going to send him a stuffed animal he had been dreaming about but I would not let him get when we were in California. My mom was going to go to Legoland and pick it up to ease Dylan's fears about the first day of school. There were a few gliches with my plan.
1. The octopus no longer existed at Legoland (thanks for trying mom!)
2. Dylan wasn't as nervous as I thought he would be (he's pretty laid back)
and 3. The octopus was no where to be found online.

Solution: Meet Squidly (Dylan named him) he's the latest addition to the sea of stuffed animals in my kids bedroom. It was a big day when he arrived and everyday Dylan is at school, he worked it out with Brooklyn that she takes care of Squidly. (You know, don't let Logan suck on the tentacles, stuff like that...it's a pretty big job.) We are all very thrilled to have him in our home.

2 comments:

aquabatgirl said...

cracking up about brooklyn being in charge of the squid during the day

Lori said...

Squidly Smith is a great addition to the Kentucky Crew. Keeping the little destructo out of Dylan's belongings is probably a full time job...I think Brooklyn needs a raise!