Sunday, October 11, 2009

Gone Fish'in!

You'd think we would want to turn back, but we were feeling a little adventurous and tagged onto the Gold family's fishing excursion. Six kids five and under, 4 happy meals, diapers to go around, hooks, knives, bloody fish, and a giant lake of water screaming "fall in me." But alas, we were determined to fish with one of the pros. Thanks for the lesson Jed.
This is what Dylan picked out to wear. He called it his "river monsters fishing clothes." Ellie picked her fishing clothes too. She's my kind of girl.
It may be small but it's a catfish! Just like the ones on River Monsters! Yes, I caught a fish, on a plastic pink Disney princess fishing pole. I swear I'm lucky when it come to fishing. ha ha ha. I think i was more proud of the pole than the fish. Thanks for letting me borrow it Ellie.
Dylan was so proud to hold the fish. Later he actually got to reel one in.
This was Angela for the few moments she actually got to fish. What you don't know is that she is a closet fisherwoman. She can actually fly fish, which is pretty amazing. You wouldn't know it by her ruffle blouse and her pink little girls but this gal can hang with Jed no problem.
I think they sat here long enough to get this picture. Both boys didn't have much patience for the sport of fishing.
This is Todd determined to catch a fish. He went in search of a lucky fishing spot but they must have seen him coming. At least I got a cool Andy Griffith (or something) show moment.
Thanks to our teachers we were able to smell some nasty bait, watch Jed put live worms on hooks, and stand on a dock and pull out ten fish. Awesome outing. Yay for the outdoors!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Love the last picture...looks like you'll have a good fish story to tell about this outing!

Karla said...

The only "fishing" I like to do is at McDonalds..the number 11, please...ha, ha. Looks like a great day with friends.