I precast 12 volcanoes with plaster but only about half of them really worked well. The kids got dinos around their plates and then poured in the vinegar to watch their dinos get covered by lava....soooo cool. Thanks Bill Nye the science guy. Well, more thanks to Lacey who told me baking soda, not baking powder.
A few kids stuck their dinosaurs into the volcanoes... pretty fun!
Another visit to the "cave."
This is what happens when Todd is sent to get the cake. It comes back with a giant basketball on it. No worries, we added the dinosaurs and it fit right in.
Trying to fill the volcanoes....please work, please work!
We made dino feet out of cereal boxes and the kids carried dino eggs on spoons to the volcano and then back to their team. I asked Dylan to be a dinosaur and this is what I got.
Some cool shots taken by an awesome friend. Tracey and Lacey live down the street and I am trying to soak in all of their creativity while I have the chance. Gage is Tracey's little boy and Dylan talks all about him all the time. I had a few lovely ladies to help during the party. Well, I think I might have actually just taken them as hostages when they came just to drop off their kids and leave for a few hours but I needed the extra hands and they happen to have very talented hands at that. I think our ward has a mandatory creativity level they check before you enter it because I know so many ladies who I could have called for ideas or help. Thank you dino-riffic moms!!!
Girls table and boys table. The boys slopped on some dark paint, mixing colors and not caring that their hands were covered in dripping goop. The girls however, took their time rinsing their brushes neatly and asking for more pink. Ellie, Emma, Anna, Rylee and Brooklyn took charge on their side of the room happy to have a table away from the crazy boys who were acting like dinosaurs.
This is why I got a new camera...this shot is so cool and was taken by a friends camera.
Tanner was the oldest kid there but he is so cool and Dylan really looks up to him. Here Tanner is showing Dylan how to open the paint. He's awesome!
Each kiddo got a giant sticker that was a piece to this big T-rex wall decal. They put it together in Dylan's room above his bed so he could enjoy it for days. Rylee and Sawyer are sweet kids from church and school and Tanner is the kid I was talking about earlier who is great!
Kristi helped the kids assemble the dino gliders and Angela helped hold up their targets. Through the Forrest or over the volcano or into Angela's baby belly. :)
Here is the pinata...another mandatory request from Dylan. The weird thing was that it came pre-stuffed. Not with candy but with tight paper. Todd was making fun of me because I was seriously worried someone was trying to smuggle something into the country in my pinata but he assured me that Target probably checks those things out. It took me a good twenty minutes to get the thickly stuffed paper out so that I could put the candy in only so that the kids could beat it to death but it was worth it.
My Kitchen dino mess.
This was the Teranadon nest.
First the kids got to put together their glow-in-the-dark necklaces. (They love breaking and bending the pieces to make them glow.) Then we had them play a game of ring toss over six different dino inflatables.
Ready to launch!
Dinosaur decor...
The cave with some dinosaur tracks and vines.
Dylan really wanted the Jurassic Park sign so here is my rendition.
Of course, no party is complete without a game of pin-the-horn on the triceratops.
This was part of another game. We laid green "leaves" all over the floor and the dino pincher's had to grab the leaves and fill the nests of their team.
This is the dino group...thrilled to be posing for a group shot.
This was our "cave" in came in handy sooo many times. Anytime the kids got a little wild and crazy we would shout "to the cave, quick before the t-Rex gets you!" It worked every time and got their attention quickly.
We had a rip roar'in dino-tastic time at Dylan's party. After trying to convince him of a new theme he was adamant that we revisit doing dinosaurs. So without further ado...here is a little look back at time during the Jurassic period.



2 comments:
Looks like Dylan's party was a smashing, footstomping, roaring success. Happy Birthday fantastic five year old! Lots of Hugs and High Fives from the Zenger Crew!
next time my kids have a birthday i'm inviting you over to plan and host :)
Post a Comment