Monday, April 20, 2009

A Dino-mite 5th Birthday

Dylan's birthday tractor filled with presents from NY to CA to ID....and then some.  Thank you family for making his birthday oh so special!
This is a picture of the dino starting to hatch from his egg...so cool!
He still carries his Star Wars card around, just for sound effects when he enters a room.
He loooves his tarantula T-shirt.  Thanks Grandma Ferguson!
This is his face after every present he opens.
This is how Dylan shows he's excited. Some people shout for joy, some break into song and dance and Dylan busts out his Karate survivor skills.
He's feeling pretty excited about the motorcycle.  Thanks Grandma Smith!
Brooklyn helped me sneak to the zoo to get Dylan this mammoth he admired on a previous visit.  I'm not sure why he is so into the ice age but he also likes narwhals too.
Thanks for the cool presents aunts and uncles!  You are all awesome!
Dylan's dino table.
Brooklyn and Dylan ready to attack Dino style.
This was a mini family party and the kids helped make the cake. At first, I had each dino placed perfectly around the piped volcanoes and then Dylan saw what I was doing and added a few thousand more.  Not as aesthetically pleasing but way more special, fun, and cool! 
Dylan's party at school.  We brought cookie sandwiches stuffed with frosting and goody bags filled with dino fun.
Dylan lead the birthday band on a march through his school.  When his class entered another classroom the teacher and students would stop whatever they were doing to sing happy birthday to Dylan.  It was the cutest thing I had ever seen and Dylan looked so proud.

Well, I have some catching up to do.  I feel like my whole life is one big game of catching up.  But I couldn't pass up sharing pictures from Dylan's 5th birthday.  This is a picture of some of the boys in his class.  It's pretty wild but Dylan loves it.  I'm pretty sure he felt like a king.  I love doing birthdays for kids so stay tuned for more pics from his party at our dino cave.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Holy Crap Amy! That dyno-mite birthday party looked amazing. We sure miss you guys. What a fun family. You are awesome. He'll never forget that one.