Sunday, November 02, 2008

Welcome Foolish Mortals!

I had to join in on the fun.  I decided to be a cave girl because of my dinosaur loving son, my wild daughter, my baby that can only say uh, and my husband...need I say  more.  But seriously, it's all I had in my costume closet.
Logan wakes up to join the festivities.
Ahhhh Ah Ah AHHH ah ah (Ariel)
Thanks Grandma Fergie for the mermaid light up shoes.  They so completed her ensemble.
I asked Brooklyn to do her scared face and this is what I got.
Brooklyn was liking getting escorted by a shark and pulled around from house to house as people told her she was pretty and gave her candy.  What a princess.

This is Brooklyn hiding her eyes and secretly peeking through her fingers at the scary Halloween house.  I think the fog made her a little unsure about going up to the front door.

This is another spooky neighbor who has a thing for Halloween.  Dylan had no fear but Brooklyn wouldn't turn around to look.  Their lights were set to a local radio station and they had mummies and dummies and skeletons jumping from "sarcophagus' as Dylan would put it.

Logan couldn't quite make it, so we didn't torture him in his costume.
Mermaid off the port bow!
Whenever Brooklyn saw something like this kid she would yell out "mom, what's that?"  In this case it was a sand man.  (one of my favorite costumes of the night)
This is a neighbor that brings back childhood memories.  Cars drive to our street to go to this man's haunted house.  From 6-7 it's G rated and from 7-8 it's PG13 or so says the sign.  It's just so cool and it's their family tradition.
We claim the shark in the bottom of the picture.  The rest are just neighbors.
Dusk in Poplar Hill
The picture below is our neighbor right across the street from us.  Little does he know that every time we have left our house Brooklyn says "mom, mom, mom, look, look, it's Halloween time."  And yes, it's every single time and every day for the past month. 

Grim grinning ghosts came out to socialize at our house this year.  While getting ready to go trick-or-treating Brooklyn and Dylan stood on the porch handing out candy to the early visitors. Dylan gave Brooklyn the job of holding the candy cauldron and Dylan put the candy into bags.  They took such pride in their jobs, it was so adorable.  Then we hoped into the wagon and away we went.  
By the end of the night our little monsters were asking to go to bed.  So we finally tucked our little sugar heads into the toasty beds.  Only 364 days until next Halloween.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amy,
I love all the costumes. Cave momma is a great idea for a costume when you have all kids under the age of 6. I might have to steal it next year. Seriously though. Your family is beautiful and you guys all look so great. Missing you! Juliet & Rob